Monday, February 18, 2019

Genre (Film Opening)

       Goooooood evening! I told you guys I would be back! So my friend and I came to the conclusion that we were going to do either a psychological thriller or a basic horror. Personally, I am more of a thriller kinda gal because of the fact that, I like movies that play around with my head. Movies that get me thinking. On the other hand, my friend really likes horror music because of the jump scares and the amazing techniques one can do with horror film.
       I'm going to tell you guys the characteristics of each genre, this way it is easier for my friend and I to finalize the genre of the film.

So what is a psychological thriller? 
    According to https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/millennial-media/201210/what-makes-film-psychological-thriller, it claims that psychological thrillers purposely leave the viewer with questions in their mind. They leave people with specific "signs" with all of the twists and turns. It allows us to think any character can be absolutely anything in regards to portraying as a certain character.

1. Silence of the Lambs
One of the most famous psychological thrillers to ever exist is Silence of the Lambs. With its combination of psychological thriller and suspense, this movie leaves viewers on their feet. Attempting to figure out the serial killer's lies and the relationship between the different characters, leaves into a unsettling conclusion.

2. Gone Girl 
Another recent famous psychological thriller is Gone Girl. This movie is based on the disappearance of a certain character has caused many questions between the character's relationship with another.

There are certain characters that are involved in a psychological thriller. For example, criminals, stalkers, assasins, innocent victims, prison inmates, serial killers, and sociopaths.  

(Throughout this journey, I will document every idea, research, and visualization that will go into the film opening. Stay tuned for another blog about the characteristics of a horror movie!)




No comments:

Post a Comment